5万

积分

荣誉会员

积分

评估组社区居民社区明星

QQ
发表于 2007-10-25 20:26:50 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

Trees That Wood

Once there were three trees on a hill in the woods. They were discussing their hopes and dreams when the first tree said, "Someday I hope to be a treasure chest. I could be filled with gold, silver and precious gems. I could be decorated with intricate carving and everyone would see the beauty."

Then the second tree said, "Someday I will be a mighty ship. I will take kings and queens across the waters and sail to the corners of the world. Everyone will feel safe in me because of the strength of my hull."

Finally the third tree said, "I want to grow to be the tallest and straightest tree in the forest. People will see me on top of the hill and look up to my branches, and think of the heavens and God and how close to them I am reaching. I will be the greatest tree of all time and people will always remember me."
After a few years of praying that their dreams would come true, a group of woodsmen came upon the trees. When one came to the first tree he said, "This looks like a strong tree, I think I should be able to sell the wood to a carpenter" ... and he began cutting it down. The tree was happy, because he knew that the carpenter would make him into a treasure chest.

At the second tree a woodsman said, "This looks like a strong tree, I should be able to sell it to the shipyard." The second tree was happy because he knew he was on his way to becoming a mighty ship.

When the woodsmen came upon the third tree, the tree was frightened because he knew that if they cut him down his dreams would not come true. One of the woodsmen said, "I don't need anything special from my tree so I'll take this one", and he cut it down.
When the first tree arrived at the carpenters, he was made into a feed box for animals. He was then placed in a barn and filled with hay. This was not at all what he had prayed for. The second tree was cut and made into a small fishing boat. His dreams of being a mighty ship and carrying kings had come to an end. The third tree was cut into large pieces and left alone in the dark. The years went by, and the trees forgot about their dreams.

Then one day, a man and woman came to the barn. She gave birth and they placed the baby in the hay in the feed box that was made from the first tree. The man wished that he could have made a crib for the baby, but this manger would have to do. The tree could feel the importance of this event and knew that it had held the greatest treasure of all time. Years later, a group of men got in the fishing boat made from the second tree. One of them was tired and went to sleep. While they were out on the water, a great storm arose and the tree didn't think it was strong enough to keep the men safe. The men woke the sleeping man, and he stood and said "eace" and the storm stopped. At this time, the tree knew that it had carried the King of Kings in its boat.

Finally, someone came and got the third tree. It was carried through the streets as the people mocked the man who was carrying it. When they came to a stop, the man was nailed to the tree and raised in the air to die at the top of a hill. When Sunday came, the tree came to realize that it was strong enough to stand at the top of the hill and be as close to God as was possible, because Jesus had been crucified on it.

The moral of this story is that when things don't seem to be going your way, always know that God has a plan for you. If you place your trust in Him, He will give you great gifts. Each of the trees got what they wanted, just not in the way they had imagined. We don't always know what God's plans are for us. We just know that His ways are not our ways, but His ways are always best.
用佛家出世心态,用道家入世修为用儒家中庸处世,用法家之术治世用易门与未知世界融合,做到天人合一有所不为,有所必为用心做事,用爱做人实在的行动胜过华丽的言辞
 楼主| 发表于 2007-10-25 20:28:51 | 显示全部楼层
游客,如果您要查看本帖隐藏内容请回复

主题

回帖

1万

积分

印度洋

积分

社区居民

QQ
发表于 2007-10-25 20:39:36 | 显示全部楼层
呵呵
以前好像哪里看过
现在再次看起来,还是觉得不错,而且还有英文的版本
大家都快毕业了,忙着找工作了,关注环保方面少了,不过相遇是缘,何况大家一起为此奋斗过,有空多联系呀!
 楼主| 发表于 2007-10-25 20:41:02 | 显示全部楼层
故事虽然有些宗教色彩

哲理还是表述的满好

可以引发大家思考,有所启迪就好

主题

回帖

6万

积分

管理员

积分

认知组终身成就奖社区居民社区明星

QQ
发表于 2007-10-25 21:06:32 | 显示全部楼层
感谢分享!看来需要耐心学习呀! [s:85]
雨峰——喜欢蓝天白云的日子,喜欢群星璀璨的夜晚。 陕西青年与环境互助网络:http://www.msc.org.cn 西工大绿色行服务队:http://www.nwpulsx.org 西工大星星火环保协会:http://www.xingxinghuo.net 我的空间:http://hi.baidu.com/lemonyustar 新浪微博:http://weibo.com/lemonyustar

主题

1万

回帖

110万

积分

太平洋

I am the Forsaken.

积分

特殊贡献奖原创大师奖社区居民社区明星忠实会员社区劳模最爱沙发贴图大师奖荣誉溪友在线持久论坛卫士

发表于 2007-10-25 23:00:38 | 显示全部楼层
看看内容
父母  2/0  算我运气不好 快乐的生活  0.1/0  这样就满足了 找个人陪着  0/0  没必要,享受一个人的感觉 WOW账号  1/0  C键不再华丽,O键一直黯淡.我们的时代结束了? 感情  0/0  年轻就该冷漠,年轻就该残忍 活的阳光一些  0/0  我必然阴暗的,喜欢黑暗和寒冷 APM  150/180  不复辉煌,不可能回去……虽然战术意识进步了 纹身  2/N  还有什么值得标记的呢…… 身体  N/A  身体就是用来糟蹋的 相信我的人  ?/A  呵呵,不要相信我,我肯定不是好人 GSEANer的愿望都会实现的

主题

回帖

积分

清泉

积分
QQ
发表于 2007-10-30 23:40:50 | 显示全部楼层
I am just feel a little confused for my future, it is a help.
每段路都有即将要来的旅程,每颗心都有值得期待的成分
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册 微信登录

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|济溪 ( 京ICP备17053947号-1 )

GMT+8, 2024-10-3 02:17 , Processed in 0.034871 second(s), 26 queries .